SALE! To celebrate the launch of our new PowerHouse Bike app for iOS, we're giving away BLE upgrades while stocks last!
POWERPOD IS SIMPLE, PORTABLE AND AFFORDABLE
ACCURATE, AFFORDABLE, PORTABLE POWER FOR YOUR ANT BIKE COMPUTER, AND BLE SMARTPHONE/BIKE COMPUTER
Add power measurement to your Garmin or other ANT bike computer, and also your Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Smartphone or BLE bike computer!
MORE VERSATILE THAN EVER!
PowerPod BLE/ANT power meter wirelessly transmits its power measurements simultaneously in the two most popular formats: ANT and can be upgraded to function with BLE. This means that PowerPod BLE/ANT will work with popular bike computers (such as Garmin) and can be equipped to also work with BLE smartphone apps such as Powerhouse®, Wahoo Fitness, and Strava. And if you happen to have both an ANT bike computer and BLE smartphone on your bike (hey, maybe you're a geek!) then BOTH DEVICES will receive PowerPod power readings.
PowerPod provides "gold-standard", both-leg power measurement, incorporating technology that has been tested and proven with some of the top pro teams in the world.
SIMPLE TO SETUP
You don't swap-out wheels, cranks or pedals, so installation is incredibly easy:
1) Attach the PowerPod mount to your handlebars (or, with the optional Combo mount, directly beneath your Garmin!)
2) Pair the PowerPod to any BLE/ANT speed/cadence sensor (such as sensors from Wahoo Fitness), OR any ANT speed or speed/cadence sensor (such as Garmin)
3) Pair PowerPod to your Garmin or other ANT bike computer, OR to your iOS/Android smartphone with Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE) or higher compatibility
Then, just ride!
PowerPod offers reliable, consistent wattage reporting right out of the box for fitness seekers: just install it on your handlebar and ride! This initial accuracy exceeds heart rate and speed data for truly impactful and effective training.
Only those looking for high end cycling power meter level accuracy need calibrate the unit using Isaac Desktop, and in doing so they will gain accuracy on a par with power measurement systems that retail 8 or more times the value of PowerPod.
SIMPLE TO USE
The PowerPod has just one button and one "status light". It is an absolute breeze to set up.
During riding your ANT or BLE bike computer/app displays and records your power and other cycling measurements.
And, with Velocomp's free Isaac software for PC/Mac, you can also download your PowerPod ride file information to view power, wind speed, bike speed, elevation, slope, CdA, and more!
NEW! POWERPOD + POWERHOUSE BIKE APP ARE YOUR COMPLETE POWER MEASUREMENT AND COACHING SOLUTION
By choosing PowerPod BLE, you receive not just a Power Meter: you a receive an integrated full-function training and fitness solution thanks to PowerHouse Bike App for iOS (Android launch coming soon). Your BLE unlock key includes access to the free download PowerHouse Bike App, a pro-level personal coaching system that helps you achieve your fitness, weight loss, lifestyle and performance goals.
POWERHOUSE offers six informative and fun workout plans to improve fitness and performance, for both the general fitness market and current cycling enthusiasts. PowerPod BLE users get access to 6 free workouts (the first ride of each plan), a bike computer "Free Ride" and a Fitness Test (FTP) for free.
Each full training pack costs $9.99 via your app store and includes anything between 30 and 90 individual workouts. This is a permanent purchase, not a one-time licence, so each workout can be used again and again. Plans for the fitness market are:
- iSlim: Weight management and cardio fitness for lifestyle goals.
- Express Fit: Quick, broad spectrum spinning class like workouts for busy individuals.
- Brazilian Butt: Fat burning and muscle building for a shapely figure.
The plan for beginner cyclists is:
- 0-20 Miles: Get off the couch and have fun building skills, fitness and endurance.
The plans for the performance Cycling market are as follows:
- Weekend Warrior: Max results for cyclists who can ride only a few times a week
- CycleMax: Demanding, pro-level, high-intensity training for performance minded cyclists.
Only PowerPod works with any pedals, cranks, and wheels, provides both-leg power measurement, and is as easy to move from bike to bike.
And no other power meter comes close to matching the $324.99 MSRP of PowerPod ANT/BLE.
FOR FITNESS USE ON ANY BIKE, ANY WHERE
PowerPod can be used on any bike, anywhere for fitness level training. That means you can take it with you on trips and use it on any bike you own. Just install a Velocomp mounting bracket to the bikie's handlebars and a speed sensor, and you are good to go!
POWERPOD IS PHENOMENAL, SCALABLE AND CAPABLE
4 HIGH-ACCURACY MEMORIZED BIKE PROFILES
At Power Meter level accuracy, PowerPod can be configured for up to four different, unsuspended or lockout equipped suspension bikes. PowerPods smart programming will automatically identify which bike it is on and switch profiles for you!
THE MARKETS ONLY CYCLING ANALYSIS TECHNOLOGY THAT GROWS WITH YOU
If you are a fitness seeker or beginner power user, the info above is all you need to achieve your goals. However, if you are an advanced cyclist looking for analysis technology beyond what strain gauge power meters can deliver, read on!
Out of the box, PowerPod is the market's most affordable and reliable power meter. Don't just ask us - see that the press is saying (links at the end of this page). Because a power number is only one of a whole list of factors that define cycling performance, software upgrades allow the following, exclusive functions to be unlocked for those looking to increase their cycling performance even more:
- Isaac Desktop (Free download) is a bike analysis program that scales itself to each and every individuals users needs. For beginners, it will show Power, Speed, and Elevation of your ride (plus heart rate and cadence, if you have those non-required sensors). For advanced users, it shows your gear roll-out, your wheel and wind speed, your braking/freewheeling/pedalling/sprinting behavior, your riding efficiency and lots, lots more!
- Purchasing the Bluetooth unlock key gives access to Professional level Power based training through the PowerHouse Bike app (free download) offering training plans designed by Tour de France and Olympic athlete veteran coach, Hunter Allen. (iOS launch 4/17, Android 5/17).
- Purchasing PowerStroke(tm) analysis allows users to save more time than most Aero Wheelsets will give the average rider, by training you to not just pedal smoothly, but to counterbalance effectively and handle your bike efficiently. Did you know rough bike handling is akin to carrying a few extra pounds up each and every climb? PowerPod and Powerstroke together are a bargain at less than 15% the value of good aero wheelsets!
- Velocomp will soon launch its real world wind tunnel function for the PowerPod, allowing users who own a classic strain gaustrain-gaugeer to access Macro-CdA analysis through which they will understand the impact of cloting, wheelsets, bike fit, as well as riding behavior, on their aerodynamics.
UNIQUE, AFFORDABLE, FULL PICTURE ANALYSIS TECHNOLOGY
If Power is all you want, PowerPod has all you need when you pull it out of the box. However, if you want it to, PowerPod can be so much more than just a power meter. PowerPod turns every single thing you feel while riding: the wind on your face, the roughness of the road, the incline you are riding up, the surges of acceleration or braking you do while riding, into a rich, full suite of analysis capabilities. For advanced users, PowerPod will help you bring your awareness to a new, bigger picture level - making you a smarter, stronger, more capable cyclist.
POWERPOD: A POWERFUL BROAD SPECTRUM ANALYSIS PRODUCT THAT BECOMES AN EVEN MORE POWERFUL TOOL WHEN COMPLEMENTED BY A CLASSIC POWER METER
PowerPod as a standalone product is a full-picture power, technique and efficiency analysis product that helps you maximise every single aspect of your cycling performance. With PowerPod, you don't just know how much power you generate: Know where that power goes!
But when you add a classic power meter to the mix PowerPod takes another leap forward. PowerPod can then give Macro-CdA(tm) analysis. You gain extra riding efficiency insight with Continuous CdA(tm), making your bike a genuine Real World Wind Tunnel(tm). Don't just take the Aero driven marketing for granted. With PowerPod you can quantify the real world impact of fit, wheels, clothing, and more tweaks have on your performance.
WELCOME TO THE FUTURE OF BIKE PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS.
PowerPod's rich, full-picture cycling analysis will allow any performance minded rider to take huge leaps ahead in their cycling technique, awareness and ability to optimise their bike. See the table below for the huge reach of informed decisions and behaviours, PowerPod will help you achieve:
WHAT THE PRESS AND BLOGGERS ARE SAYING
Tests at activity tracker accuracy level:
- The Chain Link: "...So what’s the verdict on this thing? Is it possible to get good power data for less than half the cost of the next thing on the market? Yeah, sure. The PowerPod proved to be a consistent (and surprisingly durable) performer in a variety of conditions, some of which it was never intended for..." http://www.thechainlink.org/page/product-review-powerpod-power-meter
- The 5k runner: "...considerably cheaper than a direct force power meter and easily swappable between bikes.....Perfect for the beginner and multi-bike owner. Perfect for the expert too. … you can work out how to tweak your riding position if you think about it. Cool." https://the5krunner.com/2016/11/17/1-minute-review-velocomp-powerpod-power-meter-ant-ble/
- SLO cyclist: "Upsides: Seriously inexpensive in comparison to other power meters, and easy to swap between bikes–especially if you’ve got two mounts. Power readings are consistent from ride to ride as long as you properly calibrate the unit with a warm-up ride. The Isaac software complements the PowerPod and gives you a ridiculous amount of analysis opportunities." http://www.slocyclist.com/powerpod-review-cheap-power-meter-that-performs/
- The Happy athlete: “5* for Price, Performance, Ease of use and Effectiveness!... The PowerPod is an excellent, affordable, accurate power meter that is simple to install and use and is one of my Top products for 2016. http://www.thehappyathlete.net/product-reviews/bikes-gear/powerpod-review/
- Flatslowtriathlete: “I played around with cadence, mashing, spinning to see how it effected and they all seemed to correspond. The result? I was much worse than even I thought I was… After I got home I decided to compare to the power I could generate on Zwift… The result? Almost exactly the same amount of average and normalized power over the same course. I’ll count that as accurate.” http://fatslowtriathlete.com/2016/08/31/product-review-powerpod-power-meter/
Tests at Power Meter calibration level:
- Roadbikerider.com "... Truly Powerful! ... with the PowerPod priced at $299, the others must reduce their prices by at least another 50% more to even get close ...a single-leg DFPM can be way off from actual total power. The way PowerPod’s algorithms work make it much closer to what a dual-leg power meter would indicate” https://roadbikerider.com/latest-rbr-newsletter-2017/272-issue-no-754/2742-velocomp-powerpod
- Biketestreviews "PowerPod is simple to use and //would be// a bargain at even twice the price. Highly recommended - A true 5/5 star rating!" http://biketestreviews.com/velocomp-powerpod-power-meter/
- DC Rainmaker: "Overall, I’ve found that the PowerPod can be solidly accurate in most situations, assuming you are aware of the limitations – or aware of changes to configuration that could impact it. Further, it’s ability to seemingly ‘heal’ itself does act as a bit of a safety net should the aerodynamic profile change significantly enough to otherwise impact power readers. I’d sum it up as: If you do a clean calibration ride – things are impressively accurate across a wide range of riding environments and positions." https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/03/powerpod-depth-review.html
PowerPod ANT/BLE sensor
PowerPod handlebar mount for 31.8 round handlebars
USB charging cable (attach to computer or USB charger)
Requires USB charger, and ANT or ANT/BLE speed or speed/cadence sensor, not included.
Works with ANT bike computers, BLE smartphones/apps, and-or BLE bike computers, not included.
NOTE: International shipments may be subject to additional duty/VAT, collected locally and not included in the shipping charge.
NOTE: PowerPod is incompatible with the following speed sensors:
- Garmin GSC-10
- Giant Ridesense