Heavy on performance, light on the wallet!
The PowerPod Lite V3 power meter delivers the critical features cyclists want, at an incredible price of $199:
- high accuracy, +/- 2%, both leg measurement
- Works with any road, mountain, time trial, gravel, and cross bike
- No swapping bike components
- box to bike setup in 10 minutes
- ANT+™ compatibility
- Transmits power data to many popular iOS/Android cycling apps
- Velocomp iOS/Android app for easy fine tuning
- New, sleek case
Unlike other power meters, PowerPod Lite V3 doesn’t achieve its break-through price by using fewer sensors, or by measuring power from one leg only.
In fact, PowerPod Lite V3 uses the same sensors and circuitry as Velocomp's other products, delivering both-leg, +/- 2% accuracy comparable to gold-standard power meters.
PowerPod Lite V3 also incorporates new features: simplified and faster setup; an iOS/Android app that fine-tunes setup customization and offers power training plans; no swapping of bike pedals/cranks/hubs; full ANT+ bike computer compatibility; and a ConnectIQ app for Garmin bike computers that displays accurate power, wind speed, and slope data.
SIMPLE TO SET UP
PowerPod Lite V3 includes the simplest setup process we have ever offered:
1) Attach PowerPod Lite V3 to your handlebars (or, with the optional Combo mount, directly beneath your Garmin!)
2) Pair PowerPod Lite V3 to your bike computer's ANT+™ speed or speed/cadence sensor
3) Pair PowerPod V3 to your Garmin or other ANT+™ bike computer
4) Start riding; for the first 90 seconds of each ride, PowerPod Lite V3 automatically calibrates itself
SIMPLE TO USE
PowerPod Lite V3 has just one button and one "status light", making day-to-day use super simple.
Your Garmin, Wahoo, or other ANT+™ bike computer displays and records PowerPod Lite V3 power, along with your other cycling measurements, giving you a complete record of your cycling data, including power, for your entire ride.
And if you have a compatible Garmin bike computer, our ConnectIQ app shows power, wind speed and slope measurements while you ride!
PowerPod Lite V3 also stores the first 10 minutes of ride data in its internal memory; free Isaac software displays this data for diagnostics as needed. (Full ride file recording is available with the optional PowerPod Lite to PowerPod V3 upgrade).
PERFECT FOR ONE BIKE
PowerPod Lite V3 is designed for easiest use with one bike, but if you have more than one bike, you can pair PowerPod Lite V3 to your other bike's speed sensor, then start riding again. NOTE: unlike other PowerPod models, PowerPod Lite V3 stores only one bike profile in its memory.
MORE THAN A POWER METER
PowerPod not only measures how much power you produce, but WHY you are producing it.
PowerPod is the only power meter in the world that instantly and accurately measures hill slope, telling you the steepness of the hill you’re climbing.
PowerPod is the only power meter in the world that instantly and accurately measures wind speed. On windy days you’ll not only know your power, but also the strength of the wind is you’re fighting.
If you are riding with a Garmin bike computer, our free ConnectIQ app lets you view your PowerPod Lite power, wind speed, and hill slope on your Garmin during the ride.
No other power meter comes close to matching the $199 MSRP of PowerPod Lite V3. And remember: PowerPod Lite V3 measures the forces of BOTH legs--it doesn't reduce costs by using fewer sensors, or by measuring only one leg's effort.
As you become an accomplished “power user” (pun intended), you can upgrade your PowerPod Lite to include the advanced features of PowerPod V3, such as effortless movement from bike to bike, for up to four different bikes; compatibility with non-ANT+ bike computers such as Polar and Suunto; compatibility with bike computer apps on iOS/Android smartphones; power training programs from Hunter Allen; full ride file recording, downloading and analysis in Isaac software; PowerStroke pedaling analysis; and GPS integration.
Here's a chart that compares PowerPod Lite V3 to it's "big-brother" PowerPod and AeroPod models:
POWERPOD LITE INCLUDES
PowerPod Lite sensor (upgradeable to PowerPod V3)
PowerPod Lite V3 handlebar mount for 31.8 round handlebars, OR optional mount
USB charging cable (attach to computer or USB charger)
International shipments may be subject to additional duty/VAT, collected locally and not included in the shipping charge.
NOTE: A separate ANT+™ speed sensor is required.
PowerPod Lite V3 may be incompatible with these speed sensors, due to sensor's low transmission strength:
PERFORMANCE AND TECHNOLOGY THAT IS GLOBALLY RESPECTED
Check out the reviews linked below--you'll be delighted (and maybe astonished) by the respect PowerPod has earned from reviewers globally.
- DC Rainmaker: "Overall, I’ve found that the PowerPod can be solidly accurate in most situations, assuming you are aware of the limitations – or aware of changes to configuration that could impact it. Further, it’s ability to seemingly ‘heal’ itself does act as a bit of a safety net should the aerodynamic profile change significantly enough to otherwise impact power readers. I’d sum it up as: If you do a clean calibration ride – things are impressively accurate across a wide range of riding environments and positions." https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/03/powerpod-depth-review.html
- The Chain Link: "...So what’s the verdict on this thing? Is it possible to get good power data for less than half the cost of the next thing on the market? Yeah, sure. The PowerPod proved to be a consistent (and surprisingly durable) performer in a variety of conditions, some of which it was never intended for..." http://www.thechainlink.org/page/product-review-powerpod-power-meter
- The 5k runner: "...considerably cheaper than a direct force power meter and easily swappable between bikes.....Perfect for the beginner and multi-bike owner. Perfect for the expert too. … you can work out how to tweak your riding position if you think about it. Cool." https://the5krunner.com/2016/11/17/1-minute-review-velocomp-powerpod-power-meter-ant-ble/
- SLO cyclist: "Upsides: Seriously inexpensive in comparison to other power meters, and easy to swap between bikes–especially if you’ve got two mounts. Power readings are consistent from ride to ride as long as you properly calibrate the unit with a warm-up ride. The Isaac software complements the PowerPod and gives you a ridiculous amount of analysis opportunities." http://www.slocyclist.com/powerpod-review-cheap-power-meter-that-performs/
- The Happy athlete: “5* for Price, Performance, Ease of use and Effectiveness!... The PowerPod is an excellent, affordable, accurate power meter that is simple to install and use and is one of my Top products for 2016. http://www.thehappyathlete.net/product-reviews/bikes-gear/powerpod-review/
- BikeWorldNews: "Velocomp PowerPod: Power data on a budget" "..There are a lot of benefits to this kind of a power meter. There is no complicated installation, just install the mount and install the PowerPod onto the mount. All of that took maybe 5 minutes. Once that’s done, you can swap it from bike to bike ... the PowerPod detects what speed sensor you are using, and if it is not the last one used, will automatically calibrate in the first minute or two. " https://www.bikeworldnews.com/2016/10/14/velocomp-powerpod-power-data-budget/
- Flatslowtriathlete: “I played around with cadence, mashing, spinning to see how it effected and they all seemed to correspond. The result? I was much worse than even I thought I was… After I got home I decided to compare to the power I could generate on Zwift… The result? Almost exactly the same amount of average and normalized power over the same course. I’ll count that as accurate.” http://fatslowtriathlete.com/2016/08/31/product-review-powerpod-power-meter/
- BikeWorldNews.com " What it measures: Above and beyond power, the PowerPod ... measures the motion of the bike and can provide efficiency metrics for... rolling resistance [aerodynamic] and drag. It can go as far as showing you data on how braking and handling affected your efficiency. Real world usage: The expanded data can be useful in reviewing ... much efficiency is lost. You can use it to tweak your bike fit to see changes affect your efficiency. The CdA (drag) numbers can help show you real world aerodynamics information that was previously only found in the wind tunnel. Who can benefit: Any cyclist or triathlete looking to improve their efficiency." https://www.bikeworldnews.com/2017/07/19/collecting-new-types-of-data-to-become-a-better-athlete/
Best of life magazine "I’m a 47-year-old IT manager. I spend my days in meetings and over two hours a day in the car commuting. I hadn’t seriously ridden any significant mileage in over two years... Prior to the PowerPod, I didn’t know a lot about power, wattage, or other similar data points... I snuck in 6 rides with the PowerPod. After each one... I made changes to my riding style, some based on this data, others based on getting back into a groove.... Of note here is a 2 mile per hour increase in my average speed. I felt more powerful... My legs are back and my lungs are nearly back. ...I am very pleased with the PowerPod. It offers me insights into my rides I didn’t have before. I’m learning more with each ride, and I find myself competing against the little black device secured to my handlebars. Will it know I coasted here? Did it see me take a break? Could I work harder? Yes. Yes. Yes".
- Roadbikerider.com "... Truly Powerful! ... with the PowerPod priced at $299, the others must reduce their prices by at least another 50% more to even get close ...a single-leg DFPM can be way off from actual total power. The way PowerPod’s algorithms work make it much closer to what a dual-leg power meter would indicate” https://roadbikerider.com/latest-rbr-newsletter-2017/272-issue-no-754/2742-velocomp-powerpod
- Biketestreviews "PowerPod is simple to use and [would be] a bargain at even twice the price. Highly recommended - A true 5/5 star rating!" http://biketestreviews.com/velocomp-powerpod-power-meter/
- VeloUk: "It’s all the craze these days – watts ... but getting them on the screen... can be an expensive business. ...if you could see how many watts you were producing across all your bikes and for less than £300, would that be tempting? [PowerPod is] an electronic piece of wizardry that attaches to your handlebars... and takes its data and displays it in your Garmin or other ANT+ bike computer. Powerpod can also be used in conjunction with a long list of turbo trainers and rollers. Is it accurate? – [DC Rainmaker] thinks so…" https://www.velouk.net/2017/06/14/bikekit-powerpod/
- Pedalnorth.com: "As a non-pro cyclist who is performance-driven but also has to pay the bills ... I could only dream of training to power. Whilst ... I knew the benefit of it, I never considered ... a power meter due to the hefty price tag they come at. A ... colleague told me about PowerPod and I thought that could be a good option for me... ...I did a training camp in Mallorca, and it was my first time properly testing the pod... next to people with other power meters. I was really happy to see the accuracy of it against other more expensive power meters. ...I feel that I benefitted a lot from having PowerPod, my training was more specific and I was much more aware of my limits power-wise. I would highly recommend investing in it, if you plan to take your training to another level. http://www.pedalnorth.com/content/powerpod