Add exclusive left/right and front/back pedal stroke measurements to your PowerPod or Newton!
Most cyclists wobble on their bikes far more than they should. Excessive wobbling can be a result of improper bike fit, frame size/type, and pedaling style—either singly, or most often, in combination.
PowerStroke is Velocomp's exclusive measurement suite of front-to-back, side-to-side, and left/right wobble motion of the bicycle, and the analysis of the Wasted Watts, Wasted Motion, and Wasted Time caused by wobbling.
PowerStroke compares your pedalstroke counterbalancing and bike handling skills to the smooth motion of top cyclists, showing you if your energy waste is excessive. By reducing excessive wobbling, you can reduce your wasted motion/watts/time, and become a better, more economical cyclist.
PowerStroke works by adding new technology to your PowerPod or Newton. PowerStroke information is displayed in Velocomp's (free) Isaac software for Mac/PC.
With the PowerStroke key installed, your PowerPod/Newton records its data at high speed (16 times per second), vs. the typical once per second rate of conventional power meters.
Then, Isaac software analyzes the high-speed data, determining the front-to-back, side-to-side and left/right wobbling motion of the bike each 10 degrees of a pedal stroke. Wobble measurements and associated Wasted Watts, Wasted Motion, and Wasted Time stats are shown in Isaac’s PowerStroke window.
You'll see your actual, on-the-road PowerStroke, allowing you to experiment with changes to your pedal motion, bike position, and more, to improve your riding efficiency.
See this video which shows how how important an efficient handling style is during cycling:
PowerStroke allows you to evaluate your bike fit. You can now analyze small fitting changes in terms of the impact they have on your riding smoothness, gaining insight into riding stability and gains made in time, watts and kilojoules through your position changes. Look at the impact a Bike fit can have in this video, below:
If you'd like to read more about how PowerStroke works, click here
Here's how the PowerStroke upgrade key works:
1. Purchase your PowerStroke key.
2. You will receive an email from Velocomp, instructing you how to find the serial number stored in your PowerPod or Newton. You will email to Velocomp the serial number of your PowerPod or Newton device.
3. After receiving your serial number Velocomp will send you another email, with your individual PowerStroke key included as an attachment. The email will tell you how to use Isaac software to install the key permanently into your PowerPod or Newton memory.
4. Once the key is installed your PowerPod or Newton will record your rides in PowerStroke mode.
5. After your bike ride you will use Isaac software to download ride data from your PowerPod, and use the “PowerStroke” feature of Isaac to see your PowerStroke plots.